The following error message occurs in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) when validating Data Action:
- DateForm: Cannot use member " because it is not in the hierarchy.
The Date type dimensions are populated by the system and cannot be manually edited.
In the case where two date type dimensions are created, we see: the "DateFrom" and "DateTo".
In planning tables, if you don't specify a specific member normally it saves your data on the hash (#) member but for additional date dimensions, it posts to empty members (please see word doc attached).
However, once it does, you cannot use that data anymore in RESULTLOOKUP() formula
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2020.21.8
Reproducing the Issue
1.Open data action
This issue is a bug.
The fix is planned for SAC version 2021.01 and 2021.02(QRC release).
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Data Connections
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped , KBA , LOD-ANA-PL-DA , Data Actions , Bug Filed