The user gets an error while trying to delete member from a specific dimension:
dberror(PreparedStatement.executeUpdate): 274 - inserted value too large for column: Failed in "MESSAGE" column with the value '[CID:464deaa8-4ebf-41f1-bb00-aeb85c16c49e] Member(s)
SAP Analytics Cloud Version: 2020.14.29
Reproducing the Issue
Delete a Member from a Dimension
The issue is occurring because of the deletion of 100,000+ members of a Dimension in one-go. thus a development in regards to optimisation is in progress. Development team will provide the fix with the next upgrade of release 2020.21.
As a workaround,
- Clear the facts from the related Models
- Disable the DAC functionality over the Dimension
- Delete all the Members of underlying Dimension
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- 2851317 - Where can I find more information on SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) for Planning features and documentation?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning , sc4p , c4p , cforp , cloudforplanning , Cloud for Analytics , Cloud4Analytics , CloudforAnalytics , Cloud 4 Planning , BOC , SAPBusinessObjectsCloud , BusinessObjectsCloud , BOBJcloud , BOCloud. , SAC , SAP AC , Cloud-Analytics , CloudAnalytics , SAPCloudAnalytics , KBA , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , Problem