You exuecute balance carryforward run AAAA-BB-CCCCCCCC，but error occurs: 'During run the error 'Application runtime exception; report an incident' occurred'.
SAP Business Bydesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to General Ledger work center.
- Go to Balance Carryforward view.
- Show All Balance Carryforward Runs.
- Select Run ID AAAA-BB-CCCCCCCC and click on Log Result(AAAA-BB-CCCCCCCC stands for the Run ID).
- Go to tab Messages.
You will see error: 'During run the error 'Application runtime exception; report an incident' occurred'.
You changed the rounding places of currency TWD from 0 decimal places to 2 decimal places or the other way around in the middle of a year, this will lead to data inconsistency which means some of your document are posted with 0 decimal places and some are posted with 2 decimal places.
This issue can also happens to Currency like Swiss Francs (CHF), Indian Rupee (INR) and New Taiwan Dollar (TWD) , because the rounding values for currencies Swiss Francs (CHF), Indian Rupee (INR) and New Taiwan Dollar (TWD) can be modified anytime.
First, you can check the change history of activity Currencies via below path:
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Reports view.
- Open report Configuration Change History.
- Navigate to tab Fine-Tuning Settings.
- Select All Activities and filter Currencies in the Fine-Tuning Activity.
- Click Download Change Details.
Check the Excel you download and you will find the decimal places of TWD has been modified on DD.MM.YYYY in the middle of a year(DD.MM.YYYY is the date);
Second, you can execute below steps for correction:
- Reverse all the documents that have been posted on or after DD.MM.YYYY.
- Change the TWD back to the original decimals that is used in the beginning of the year.
- Repost all the reversed document again.
Then, you execute Balance Carryforward Run and there will be no dumps.
balance carryforward run; 'During run the error 'Application runtime exception; report an incident' occurred'; 余额结转运行； '应用程序运行时异常，请报告故障'. , KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , Problem