You have created a new Material, and activated Purchasing. You have also maintained the Procurement Type as In-House Production under the Planning tab. When you open the Material Overview, you can see that the Procurement Type is displayed as External Procurement.
Further, when you try to create a Sales Order for the Material, the ATP (Available To Promise) check is showing as red (not confirmed).
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Product and Service Portfolio work centre.
- Go to the Products view.
- Find and select the relevant Material.
- You can see under Details that the Purchased box is checked.
- Click the Edit button, and then View All.
- Go to the Purchasing tab.
- You can see it is activated.
- Go to the Planning tab.
- You can see the Procurement Type maintained is In-house Production.
- You expect the In-house Production Production to be activated as well, but only Purchase is activated.
You have not scoped the Production Process under "Manufacturing, Warehousing, and Logistics" in your Implementation Project in work centre Business Configuration. Also, you have not created the necessary Master Data required for the Manufacturing Process.
The system is working as designed.
Please activate Production in your Implementation Project, and also ensure that you have a consistent and active Production Bill of Materials, Production Bill of Operations, as well as Production Model for the relevant Material.
For further information, we recommend you to contact your Implementation Partner.
Production, Business Configuration, In-House Production, Procurement Type, ATP, Model, BoM, BoO , KBA , AP-PRD-MAT , Material , Problem