The field "Overdeliv. Tolerance" of the sales order item(s) has been set, for example, 5%. However, the sales order item(s) can still be over-delivered by more than 5%.
SAP S/4HANA CLOUD
Reproducing the Issue
- Create or change a sales order through the "Manage Sales Orders" app or "Create/Change Sales Orders - VA01/VA02".
- Go to the item details and click the "Shipping" tab.
- In the change mode, set a value of 5% for the field "Overdeliv. Tolerance" and save.
- In the "Create Outbound Deliveries - From Sales Orders" app, over-deliver the sales order by more than 5%.
- Find that this behaviour is allowed by the system without any warning or error messages.
The "Overdelivery" field of the relevant item category (for example, TAN) is set as blank.
- Open the "Manage Your Solution" app and click "Configure Your Solution".
- Search for the "Define Delivery Item Categories" configuration step (ID 102974) and click "Configure".
- Search for the item category (for example, TAN) and click into it.
- Change the "Overdelivery" field of this item category from "blank" to "A"(Display warning message) or "B"(Cancel action and display error message).
- Then, the next time when the delivery quantity exceeds the delivery tolerance, a warning message or error message will appear.
Sales Order Item(s), Overdeliv. Tolerance, Delivery Item Categories, Over-deliver, Overdelivery, Configuration Step, ID 102974 , KBA , SD-SLS-SO , Sales Orders , LE-SHP-DL , Delivery Processing , Problem