You have set up an approval process for your documents such as purchase orders or supplier invoice.
One of the approval steps of this process states that if a particular field of this document contains this data " ABC-DEF", an approver will be requested by the system.
However, and despite the correct field maintain with "ABC-DEF" in the document, the above approval process does not get triggered.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Work Center Application and User Management.
- Select the view Approval Processes.
- Select the needed approval process and the specific step in it.
- From here, you make sure that one condition defines that if a certain field contains " ABC-DEF", an approver will be requested by the system.
- Now, you create a document and see that the needed field is correctly maintained with "ABC-DEF".
- After completing and saving the document, you realize that this specific approval rule did not get triggered.
When maintaining specific conditions in your approval process rules, it is easy to avoid typo such as "ABC-DEG" instead of "ABC-DEF".
However, by mistake, an extra space can be added in the approval rules: " ABC-DEF" instead of "ABC-DEF".
This can be the reason why no approver get triggered in that case.
Please make sure that no extra space is present in your approval processes rules when not needed.
Approval Processes, Extra Space, Approvers, Approval Definition, Approval Rules , KBA , AP-POP , Purchase Order Processing , How To