- When hiring manager completed the new Hire data review step, Hiring Manager user gets auto updated in New Hire data review as well as in Dashboard
SuccessFactors onboarding 2.0
Reproducing the Issue
- Initiate ONB for New candidate
- Check for the Hiring Manager in Dashboard
- Complete New hire data review step as HM user and notice the HM user auto updating happening in Dashboard and NHDR as well
Hiring manager was updated on completion of NHDR. It is due to change in the field manager in job information portlet as per position configuration
If the position hierarchy is the leading hierarchy or if you don't have a leading hierarchy, the supervisor is set to the default value in the event of a change to the position.
- If the reporting line hierarchy is the leading hierarchy and there is a change of supervisor for the position, the Position Under Manager field is set to the same value as the new supervisor. This means that it is either cleared or a new position is set.
You can opt to switch off this defaulting process in the Hierarchy Adaptation tab of the Position Management Settings. To do this, select No in the Default The Supervisor Or The Position In Hire, MSS Job Information And History field. None of the processes described above then takes place.
So navigate to below path and disable the option.
Admin Center->Position Management Settings-> hierarchy adaptation-> Default The Supervisor Or The Position In Hire, MSS Job Information And History -> Set to No
When above option is set to Yes, HM manager will be automatically picked from Position Org chart and the HM user added to that particular position.
Additionally refer to below link from Admin guide.
Hiring Manager, Dashboard, Job information, Position , KBA , LOD-SF-OBX-DG , Generation of Documents using PFS , Problem