- When saving the Candidate Profile, some fields from a specific Background Element are being overridden with random values, mostly numbers.
- Also, as part of this behavior, sometimes it's not possible to save the changes due to missing required information, even though the information is being provided.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
- On the Career Site, go to My Profile
- Add or change any Background Element information
- Notice the values are swapped with random values
This behavior is due to a missing configuration on the fields of the Background Element.
Two or more fields within the specific Background Element are mapped with the same "field-name", therefore when one field gets written, it's overwriting the other fields. This happens because the system is taking the information and storing it on both fields, since they represent only one field on the database.
<background-element id="outsideWorkExperience" type-id="4" sensitive="false">
<data-field id="presentEmployer" field-name="vfld1" max-length="999" anonymize="false">
<data-field id="employer" field-name="vfld2" max-length="4000" anonymize="false">
<data-field id="businessType" field-name="vfld1" max-length="4000" anonymize="false">
<data-field id="startTitle" field-name="vfld4" max-length="4000" anonymize="false">
You can use the same field-name on other Background Elements, just not within a single one.
To resolve this issue, you need to review every Background Element on the Candidate Profile and make sure that within each one, there are no duplicated field-names.
We recommend engaging your Partner or Implementation Team to analyze the configuration.
swapped, changed, changing, change, swap, background, element, field, value, values, save, saving, random , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-CAO , Candidate Offers, Offer Letters , Problem