Inbound replication message of service interface BusinessPartnerERPAddressReplicationIn is failing with error message "First name missing; maintain this mandatory data"
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
In ERP system, please follow the steps:
- Open transaction BD12.
- Insert business partner number 1234 (where 1234 represents the business partner ID).
- Select Message Type as DEBMAS_CFS.
- Choose the Logical System ABC (where ABC defined the Logical System ID).
The Business Partner will be replicated to C4C. Then, to check the error message in C4C, follow the steps:
- Go to the Administrator work center.
- Go to the Web Service Message Monitoring work center view.
- Search for the newest message ID associated to the BusinessPartnerERPAddressReplicationIn service interface.
- You will notice the error details: "First name missing; maintain this mandatory data".
- Click on More button and select Payload.
- Check the FirstLineName is filled as expected.
The issue is caused by the fact that ERP names only have lines without specifying which line contains which name part, while C4C resolves names in more details distinguishing between given name and family name.
The integration scenario works as follows:
- First Name Line: contains the family name.
- Second Name Line: contains the given first name.
- Third Name Line: contains an optional middle name.
- Fourth Name Line: contains an optional additional family name.
The Business Partner may be replicated providing the First Name Line and Second Name Line in order to fulfill the required map for names between SAP C4C and SAP ERP.
Business Partner Replication; First name missing; , KBA , LOD-CRM-INT-ERP , Integration of C4C with ERP , How To