- When you click "Create Tasks" in App "Run Outbound Process" for the system to automatically define the source storage bin and create the picking WTs you face the following error messages:
System could not determine source storage bin
Message no. /SCWM/L3008
No warehouse task created
- S/4HANA Cloud WM
Reproducing the Issue
- Open App "Run Outbound Process - Deliveries"
- Find and open the Outbound Delivery
- Click "Missing Tasks"
- Select item you want to create the task and click "Create Tasks"
- Error is thrown
This error message can be thrown in the following scenarios:
- No "Stock Removal Control Indicator" defined for the product, so the system is unable to determine the source storage bin automatically.
- No stock available to be picked in the Storage Type you defined for picking with the "Stock Removal Control Indicator".
- Scenario 1:
Maintain "Stock Removal Control Indicator" for the product. You have two alternatives for doing it:
- With "Warehouse Monitor" app:
- Open "Warehouse Monitor" app
- In the hierarchy in the left screen area, choose Product Master Data > Warehouse Attribute
- In the /SCWM/SAPLPROD_OVERVIEW dialog box, enter the following data:
Basic Attributes section:
Product Number: <Product Number> to <Product Number>
Additional Options section:
Only Prods W/o Whse Data: X
- In the Warehouse Attributes area, select the products, and then choose More Methods > Mass Change/Create
- In the /SCWM/SAPLPROD_OVERVIEW dialog box, enter the "Stk Rmvl Ctrl Indicator" and Execute
- In the dialog box, confirm the changes
- With "Manage Product Master Data" app:
- On the Product screen, choose Warehouse Management tab and go to Warehouse Management > Warehouse
- In the Warehouse section, select the warehouse number for your warehouse. If your warehouse number does not exist, choose Create
- On the Warehouse screen, in the Stock Removal section enter the Stock Removal Control Indicator
You may also want to check Master Data Script 3KQ (Create Warehouse Attributes for Material):
- Scenario 2:
Create a WT moving stock to the Storage Type for picking or receive the quantity with an Inbound Delivery or Stock Transfer Order
picking, picking wt, cloud wm, cloud ewm, s4hc, s4hc wm, s/4hana cloud wm, , KBA , SCM-EWM-WOP , Warehouse Order Processing , SCM-EWM-CNT , S/4HANA Best Practices for EWM , How To