- Uploading Migration templates for Objects 'QM - Master inspection characteristic' and 'QM - Inspection method' fail with 'Simulation complete with error'
- Error "The Number" & "is not within external number range" appears when using QM Migration Objects 'QM - Master inspection characteristic' and 'QM - Inspection method'
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud
- Quality Management
Reproducing the Issue
- use the App 'Migrate Your Data'
- Find project using QM Migration Objects
- Click on the Button Monitor
- search Activities with 'QM - Inspection method' and 'QM - Master inspection characteristic' with "complete with error"
- Show Messages button shows Error "The Number" & "is not within external number"
These migration objects only support external number ranges.
SAP provides pre-defined fixed internal number ranges for Master Inspection Characteristics and Inspection Methods
Using internal number assignment for these Migration Object could lead to the number range to be exhausted and result in dumps to occur when trying to create Master Inspection Characteristics and Inspection Methods manual
There currently is no SSCUI or Expert Configuration available to Extend the internal number range.
Development are aware of the issue and are planning on introducing an SSCUI for Number Ranges in a Future Quarterly Release . This is subject to change and may be changed by SAP at any time for any reason without notice.
Please use External Number Assignment
If there is already objects with internal numbers , please use external numbers with prefix like “C” or “Z” in the Migration Template.
CNV_DMC_SIN606 , 'Validation Failed ' , SNRO :, QPMK , QMERKMALE , SNRO , QL , KBA , CA-GTF-MIG , SAP S/4HANA Data Migration Cockpit Content (LTMC) , QM-PT-BD-ICH , Inspection Characteristic , How To