When you are adding the Project Task (Project-based Item) to a Sales Order, the system only displays the ID of the task and not the task description.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Select the Sales Orders view.
- Search for the ID ABC (ABC represents the ID of the Sales Order).
- Click Edit.
- Navigate to the Items tab.
- Click Add Row button.
- Enter ID XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the item).
- Click the Value box for Project Task (Project-based Item).
- Project Task Name shows values.
- Select any value.
Once in the items table, no description is shown, just the ID.
The reason you don't see the description is because the task name will only show in the language of the logged user.
This is the system expected behavior.
An alternative option may be to check the SAP Customer Influence Platform to submit an idea: https://influence.sap.com/SAPByDesign
Sales Order, Project Task (Project-based Item), Description, Item , KBA , AP-SLO-PRO , Sales order project processing , How To