- OnSave Business Rule is used to update to Base Salary pay component based on Job Information changes.
- The change to specific fields in Job Information triggers a workflow. If no updates are made to the workflow during the approval process, the new value is set correctly by the rule. However, if one of the approvers with permission to edit the workflow makes any Update to the workflow request, the rule triggers for a second time, resulting in double the increase/decrease to the base pay component amount.
- SAP SuccessFactor HXM Suite
- Employee Central
It is expected behavior that onSave rules are triggered again when a workflow is updated. The rule uses the current amount to recalculate the new value when the workflow is updated. This will be repeated as many times as the workflow is updated. Reason is, there could be additional changes made for the second time, so the onSave rules are triggered again to do the calculations as per new changes.
- In some scenarios, it may change the amount twice, however, it is not possible to stop these rules from executing.
- Some alternatives can be considered:
a) Change the workflow configuration in "Manage Organization, Pay and Job Structures", setting the "Edit Transaction" to "No Edit". In this way, the users would have to withdraw the workflow request and then re-submit it to be able to make amendments to it, which will prevent the rule from recalculating the Base Salary amount multiple times.
b) When the approver is updating the workflow, they should reset the amount on pay component to old value. Then when the onSave rule is triggered, it is correctly calculated based on the old value.
ECT-79979, workflow, onsave, business rule, update, triggering twice, pay component, base salary, value, amount , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-WFL-TOL , Admin Tools, Pending Req, Admin Alerts, Check Tool , Problem