You run the report Profit Overview by Key Figure for a specific period/year and notice that for some products, the Product Category are showing Not Assigned.
SAP Business Bydesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Cost and Revenue Workcenter,
- Go to Reports,
- Find and open report Profit Overview by Key Figure,
- In the Selection, enter all the required information,
- Run the report,
You will see, for some Products, the Product Category are showing Not Assigned.
1. For the business transaction which has Overhead Costs line item, the product category is derived from cost center market segment. Here product category has to be maintained in cost center master data.
2. For the business transaction which has Other Direct Cost line item, the product category is derived from Market Segment of the Project.
3. For the rest of business transaction which does not has above two(OC & ODC line items), Product category is derived from Material/Product master data.
4. For manually posted JE's, product category is not derived.
The product category will show Not Assigned in the report Profit Overview by Key Figure when the business transactions meet point 4 in the Cause or don't meet the requirements of point 1 to 3
Profit Overview by Key Figure; Product Category; Not Assigned; 利润总览 - 按关键值; 产品类别；未分配。 , KBA , SRD-FIN-COR , Cost & Revenue , Problem