You observed that the leave request is processed without approval and without manager review.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Home work center
- Click on Self-Service Overview view
- Click on New Leave Request
- Enter the required information
- Click on Finish
- Click on Track My Leave Request
A possible cause why the leave request didn't go into approval is that the question Would you like to send an explicit approval task for a leave request to the manager? is not scoped.
You need to scope it as follows:
- Go to Business Configuration work center
- Click on Implementation Projects view
- Select implementation project
- Click on Edit Project
- Click on Next until 4 Questions
- Expand Human Resources
- Expand Time and Labour Management
- Select Approval
- In Group Types of Leave Request Approval, scope the question Would you like to send an explicit approval task for a leave request to the manager?.
Leave request, not in approval, not waiting for approval, processed without manager review, , KBA , SRD-HR-TLM , Time and Labour Management , Problem