You identify with either one or both of the following scenarios:
- You're implementing the standard Business Integration Builder (BIB) replication package to integrate SF EC with S/4HANA On Premise or ERP HCM and would like to use the 'Assignment ID' field in EC as the PERNR;
- You're observing the following employee replication error in SF's Data Replication Monitor and/or your ERP's application logs (SLG1):
'Use of EC assignment ID is enabled, but no valid ID is transferred for (...)'
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
As stated in the sections below taken from both official replication guides, if you wish to use the 'Assignment ID' as the PERNR, the field must be enabled in EC for the User, Employment Info and Global Assignment Info HRIS elements:
- Use of Assignment ID in Employee Central Integration with SAP S∕4HANA
- Using Assignment ID in Employee Central Integration with SAP ERP HCM
Here are the statements taken from the important notes page from above sections:
If the ERP to EC/EC to ERP (BIB): Activate Assignment ID External field is switched on, the AssignmentID External field is included in the User, Employment, and Global Assignment entities during the migration of the employee data.
Assignment ID must be enabled in the User entity by adding the following standard element to the Succession Data Model:Code Syntax
<standard-element id="assignmentIdExternal" max-length="128" required="false" matrix-filter="false"> </standard-element>
- To add the standard element to the Succession Data Model, you may reach out to your implementation partner or open a SAP support case referencing this KBA to request this change;
- To enable it for the Global Assignment entity:
- To enable it for the Employment entity, apply the same procedure from the screenshot above, but for the 'employmentInfo' HRIS element.
error use of EC assignment ID is enabled, but no valid is transferred for, fails, failed, failure, not, replicating, replicated, migration, employee, user , KBA , LOD-SF-INT-CPI-ERP , Standard SF to SAP ERP or S/4HANA Integration using CPI , LOD-SF-INT-HCI , Standard SF to 3rd Party CPI (HCI) Content , LOD-SF-INT , Integrations , Problem