On the Offer Approval page, after adding a number with decimal values to a standalone number field and saving it, the following error message is displayed: "Please enter a number here"
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Offer Approval page;
- Complete all the required fields;
- Add a number with a decimal part to the standalone field;
- Save or send the offer for approval;
- The error message will appear and the offer won't get saved;
Offer Detail Standalone Number Fields (customLong1-10) are designed to receive only integer numbers. This information is addressed on the Implementation Guide under Job Offer Detail Field Definition: Attributes - "The number data type for these standalone fields doesn't save as decimal values."
As a suggest alternative to have decimal values on the Offer Approval, you can either:
- Reference a field from the Job Application or the Job Requisition, which already has this decimal value
- Replace the number type for a text type
NOTE: In case you are not receiving the error message but instead, the value is being truncated, that's because the field definition on your Offer Detail is being set as "custom="true"" and this behavior is explained on the KBA - 2524471 - Decimal points in offer approval standalone fields not getting saved
customLong, number, offer, not, saving, correct, format, value, decimal , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-CAO , Candidate Offers, Offer Letters , Problem