- Running a DBCC consistency check (sp_iqcheckdb procedure) on some tables takes considerably longer than expected, in the magnitude of hours instead on minutes.
- This is only seen for tables containing wide columns that are Flat FPs and that these columns contain a large number of rows and distinct values.
- Affected FP columns can be identified by examining the timing messages from DBCC printed to the iqmsg file with Set temporary option DBCC_LOG_PROGRESS='ON';
- Customers are looking for ways to improve the performance of DBCC checks on large FP columns.
- SAP IQ 16.x on any platform , either simplex or multiplex.
sybase, verify, slow, CR819490, CR#819490, 819490. perfromance, hang, hung, large, enhancement, log, , KBA , BC-SYB-IQ , Sybase IQ , Product Enhancement
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.