Error when maintaining German description in Attributes: "Value for field 'Number of Characters' is not support for format 'DATE'."
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Admin work centre.
- Go to the Attributes view.
- Find your Attributes.
- Tab: Description.
- Click edit and enter a translation in the German field.
- Click Save.
- To overcome the reported issue there are 2 options in general
~  PREFERRED - Cleanup the persisted data in your system with unexpected values in field 'Number of Characters' for the affected BusinessAttributes.
~  "Relax" the check in your system via local correction; this is to be done by SAP and we will need your explicit APPROVAL to do that.
To do the cleanup  by yourself, please:
- Open WoC DATA_WORKBENCH > EXPORT > IndOBJ > StdOBJ > "Attribute | marketingattribute"
- Place filters accordingly, if required (e.g. "Attribute Format" EQ "DATE")
- Trigger the EXPORT and get the CSV-file from the MONITOR tab
- Now prepare the exported CSV-file for UPDATE
~ Delete all ROWs that should not be updated
~ UPDATE content of column "Number_of_Characters" to "0" for all effected BusinessAttributes
~ Delete all COLUMNS besides "ObjectID" and "Number_of_Characters"
~ Save as CSV (UTF-8)
- Now perform UPDATE (either directly or start with SIMULATION)
- DWB > IMPORT > IndOBJ > UPDATE > StdOBJ > "Attribute | marketingattribute"
- Choose prepared CSV-file and UPLOAD
- Select BLANK_FIELD to UPDATE and execute the UPDATE
- Track results in MONITOR
Afterwards the intended change for the DE-Description works without errors.
marketing attributes, description, translation, error , KBA , LOD-CRM-BF-BA , Business Attributes , Problem