- When sharing a Story report to a specific user, the following error message is shown: "Error while saving"
- When sharing by RBP or Group which includes that particular user, the user still does not see the Shared Story in Report Center
- Splunk logs (accessible to support) will show the following: "]Exception while updating the SAc Share criteria
com.successfactors.reportcenter.api.provider.ReportingArtifactProviderException: Error caused while parsing response for Share Service "
- The user, when given Create Story permissions, just gets a blank loading screen when trying to create a new Story
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
SAP SuccessFactors People Analytics
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Report Center.
2. Find Story report
3. Click Actions > Share menu and go to User tab .
4. Enter user in search name field, select the user from dropdown, and then click on Go.
5. Select the matching result.
6. Click on Save,
Result: you will see "Error while Saving" message.
7. Repeat actions 3-6 but for another Report Type, e.g. Canvas, Table
Result: Share is successfully saved
User has not been synced successfully to SAC. If user does not exist on SAC side, the save of share definition fails and displays "Error while Saving" generic error message.
- Please check if this particular user was synced successfully to SAC. A quick test would be to grant this user permission to create a new Report-Story and if it loads successfully, then the user exists in SAC. If not, then the reason why the Report cannot be shared to the user was because the profile was not created on the SAC side.
- In Preview instances, a Check Tool is already available for verifying whether a User has been sycned to SAC. This is documented in the following page of the Help Guide:
"If you're unable to access or use the Story reports, go to the Admin Center Check Tool and use the Availability of user record for People Analytics check to troubleshoot the issue."
- Users with duplicate emails will not be synced successfully to SAC:
2969829 - People Analytics/IAS - User Sync getting failed due to missing or duplicate email Ids in SuccessFactors
- Please try to run another IPS User sync from BizX to SAC to create the user profile to SAC
For more information, please see the documentation https://help.sap.com/viewer/dad69084edb947e98ebede671ecd26f0/latest/en-US/f9272687390041eeb5e8773dac94f0d6.html
Error while saving, cannot share Story, user cannot see shared story, AYT-29591 , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-SAC-FWK , Framework, Infrastructure, Network, Performance , Problem