- You are securing the connection from AS Java to HANA Database, following steps documented in KBA 2581143 How to connect the AS Java to the database using SSL
- The JDBC connection string has been updated in the Java Config Tool with the URL jdbc:sap://<host>:<port>?databaseName=<SID>/&encrypt=true
- When restarting the AS Java to test the connection, the error below occurs:
com.sap.sql.log.OpenSQLException: Exception of type com.sap.db.jdbc.exceptions.JDBCDriverException caught: SAP DBTech JDBC: Cannot connect to jdbc:sap://<host>:<port>/ [Cannot connect to host <host>:<port> [Received fatal alert: protocol_version], -813.]..
- If you collect the client trace as per note 1727859 How to trace the HANA jdbc driver on a client?, you will see the full stack trace (also can be viewed in the defaultTrace file on AS Java)
- SAP HANA, platform edition;
SAP HANA, platform edition, sap_hana, database, db, saphana, new RTEException: -813 , KBA , HAN-DB-SEC , SAP HANA Security & User Management , HAN-DB-CLI , SAP HANA Clients (JDBC, ODBC) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.