- You have a purchase order with a batch managed product to be received in a Cloud WM (EWM) Storage Location
- During goods receipt of this purchase order in app "Post Goods Movement" (MIGO), you use button "Classification" on batch tab to create a new batch, an internal number assignment
- After the batch is filled in automatically by the system, you get the following error messages when trying to post GR:
For batch &1 of material &2, no class could be determined
Message no. M7207
Batch &1 &2 does not exist
Message no. M7042
- S/4HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
Open app "Post Goods Movement"
Select Goods Receipt and fill in PO number, then run
On tab "Batch", click "Classification" (to create a new batch, "internal number assignment")
Move down the screen and flag "Item Ok", click "Check" or "Post"
Error messages are thrown
- Product does not have a Classification assigned in "Manage Product Master Data" app, which means the batch cannot be created automatically
You either have to classify the material in the material master or manually create the batch in the batch master and classify the batch there.
As soon as a class has been assigned to the material or a batch of this material, you can classify other batches of this material upon goods movements.
- The long text of the error message provides further guidance and details.
ewm, cloud ewm, migo, post goods movement, post goods receipt, batch, batch-managed, product master , KBA , SCM-EWM-DLP-BF-BM , Batch Management , SCM-EWM-MD-BA , Batches , How To