Inconsistent results appear in the PDF file sent to user mail when creating a schedule for publishing a story based on Live Data connection to SAP BW in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
- Sometimes, all of charts/tables appear correctly in the generated PDF file
- Sometimes, one or multiples charts/tables appear with either of following error:
- Unable to retrieve data from datasource, Unexpected token S in JSON at position 4
- Sorry we couldn't access the datasource. Please contact your administrator.[object Promise]
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2020.14
Reproducing the Issue
- Log on to SAC tenant.
- Create a schedule to publish a story based on Live BW connection with Schedule Publication feature enabled.
- By troubleshooting with a new Tunnel type connection to simulate the responses of scheduling publications according to SAP KBA 2987799, found same error "Response: 400 Session Timed Out" in all of HTTP trace & SCC Payload Trace & ICM Trace.
- Furthermore, found warning message as below just before this error message in ICM trace:
- *** WARNING => DpExtractWebSessionId: received cookie for foreign server
- Session <...> does not exist
- This error "Response: 400 Session Timed Out" is caused by the fact that the request belongs to a session on a different application server.
- One load balancer like F5 must exist in front of multiple application servers and it is not properly configured for session persistence in order to dispatch requests belonging to the same application session to the same application server.
- That's also the reason why inconsistent results appear in the PDF file sent to user mail using Schedule Publication feature.
- Set session persistence properly in your load balancer.
- Note: The persistence timeout should not be less than the session timeout in the backend.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Data Connections
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped, schedule, scheduling, publication, pdf, advanced, feature, mail, Inconsistent, random , KBA , LOD-ANA-LDC-HAN , SAC Live Data Connection HANA , Problem