The user wants to maintain (add, change or delete) some entries in public dimension DimA and it is extremely slow. For example if he deletes 10 records and saves it takes about 5-10 minutes. Sometimes he gets an error with "Bad Gateway".
The problem happens with all users and in both browsers (Chrome, Egde).
Clearing browser cache doesn't help.
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2020.14.29
Reproducing the Issue
- Open the dimension
- Add a row
- Open the dimension
- Delete the same row
Two reasons can be behind this behavior:
Cause 1: if you change/add/delete members of a dimension, the system checks whether you have booked data on one of the non-leaf nodes. The runtime of this check depends on the number of models using this dimension, the facts in these models and the private versions of these models. In this example the DimA dimension is used in 3 models that have private versions and facts.
- Cause 2: The member maintained is a node. the root cause is an iterative sort algorithm for siblings in a hierarchy. If you create the special FLAT hierarchy where all nodes are root members, the performance is here worse.
Solution for Cause 1:
If you no longer need them, it might help to delete them (open model -> Planning and time range -> Delete Private Versions).
Solution for Cause 2:
Delete the flat hierarchy if possible, as it should be possible to choose a flat visualization in charts and tables without this special hierarchy.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Data Connections
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped , KBA , LOD-ANA-ML , SAC Modelling , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , Problem