The following Warning message occurs even though there is no invoice for this seller and country Italy in status not released: Invoice documents already exist on later dates.No sequential Numbering.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Select the Invoice Requests view.
- Select the respective Invoice Request.
- Click on the Invoicing button.
- In the new Invoice click on the Release button
- The following warning occurs:
Invoice documents already exist on later dates.No sequential Numbering.
- The following success message is displayed:
Invoice XYZ saved successfully (XYZ represents the ID of the newly created invoice).
The Tax Country of your Invoice is Italy. For Italy there a specific checks due to legal requirements in Italy:
- You can only use a posting date that is between the posting date in the previous invoice and today’s date. You cannot use a future date as your posting date.
- You can only post an invoice if all the previous invoices with lesser posting dates are posted.
- You can only edit a posting date of a document that has not been posted.
- During manual posting, if the posting date has been left blank, the system will use the system date as the posting date.
The warning message displayed during invoice creation/release is due to a check in the system which checks if there are any documents in the system, which have posting date Greater than the existing document.
In your case you have an Invoice possibly for a different Seller/Country with an Invoice Date later than the Invoice Date of the Invoice you just created and therefore the warning is displayed but the creation of the Invoice is not prevented.
We are planning to enhance the conditions in a future release to take into consideration the Seller/Country for displaying this warning messages.
Invoicing; legal requirement; Italy; check; warning; sequential Numbering , KBA , AP-CI-CI-GLO , Cross-Country Extensions , Problem