In "Billing" tab of app "plan customer projects", the 'Delete' buttons are not available for the billing items.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- In a customer project, create 2 billing items as below.
1. Fixed price , Work Package : PJ001.1.1 Billing plan date : 01.10.2020. Billing WBS Element: PJ001.0.1
2. Fixed Price , Work Package : PJ001.1.2 Billing plan date : 02.10.2020. Billing WBS Element: PJ001.0.2
At this point, if the work package is unassigned, a 'Delete' button will be available for the deletion of the billing item.
- Go to app "release billing proposal", choose the billing item for PJ001.0.1, then click on 'Edit' button.
- Go back to "plan customer projects", in 'Billing' tab, the 'Delete' button is not available for both PJ001.0.1 and PJ001.0.2.
This is standard design.
The deleting of a Billing WBS Element is possible only when there are NO Active Pricing document exist against a Sales order. When the Customer project is planned with 2 Billing Elements(BE), and when Project is chosen and 'Edit' in Release Billing Proposal (RRB) app, the pricing document is created for the sales order, not just BE1 but also BE2.
Hence, next time when the Project is opened in Customer projects, there is an indicator that is being checked in background. It will check that if there is an active pricing document then do not let "Delete" option set for any Billing Elements of the Customer project.
The next scenario could be, the addition of BE3 to an existing BE1 and BE2. Upon adding BE3, as long as there is no pricing document created again BE3, BE3 will still be open for "Deletion" in Customer Projects.
it is not recommended to delete the Billing WBS Element once the stage of the project has been set to 'In Execution' and Pricing Document has been generated.
It is necessary to make sure the Billing WBS Elements are correct before moving to 'In Execution' and creating Pricing Document, Debit Memo Request.
2959854 The field 'Product' , 'Contract type' under 'Billing' tab in app 'Plan customer project' cannot be changed
release billing proposal, edit, work package, delete, unassign, plan customer projects, billing, billing item, button, delete button, debit memo request, DMR, Billing element, Billing WBS element , KBA , PS-FIO-REV , Fiori UI for Project Systems-Revenues and Reso. Rel. Billing , Problem