You have a Sales Order – Purchase Order – Sales Order intercompany scenario.
You are using a Sales Kit.
In the second Sales Order, the Sales Kit subitems have not been copied over thus causing a Process Communication Error between Purchae Order and Sales Order.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a new Sales Order.
- Have fulfillment set to external.
- Release sales order.
- Order the automatically created Purchase Order.
- Navigate to the automatically created Sales Order.
- Go to the items tab.
- Observe that only the sales kit header is here and the item type is Product – Delivery Based instead of Sales Kit – Header.
The master data for the sales kit header has not been fully maintained in the system.
Please follow the below steps:
- Navigate to Product and Service Portfolio Work Center and Products view.
- Search for the sales kit header.
- Open up the sales kit header and navigate to sales.
- Ensure that the sales unit in the second sales order is maintained under the sales tab.
- Ensure that this business residence and the company it belongs to is maintained under the valuation tab.
- Activate both of these.
- Start the scenario again and the issue should no longer persist.
- You will need to cancel the documents created before you fixed the master data.
Process Communication Error；Intercompany Process; Sales Kit , KBA , AP-SLO-SO , Sales Order , AP-POP-PO , Purchase Order , Problem