When opening the Configure Data Locks in the data context menu in the model perspective you get the following error messages:
- "An error occurred while loading data locking configuration"
- " An error occurred while opening the data locking dialog"
- "Error while opening the dialog."
The dialog works perfectly from the story.
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2020.14.27
Reproducing the Issue
- Open your model
- Click on Configure Data Locks in the data context menu
This is a bug. The problem is caused by ownership being enabled, this is why the dialog works from the story and does not from modeler area. In modeler, we fetch ownership filters and this causes the problem. If you would need to open the data locking dialog from modeler, you could disable ownership for the version dimension from the version dimension's side panel beforehand.
This is planned to be fixed on version: 2020.21
1) Turn off ownership for the version dimension, edit your locks via the datalocking dialog and turn it on again afterwards. You can also edit owners from the modeler's dimension view, if you need to.
2) Close the input processes. This is is kind of the root cause. There are many input processes open, which SAC cannot handle so far when determining the ownership filters. So if there are no open input processes anymore, you can open the datalocking dialog with ownership enabled.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Data Connections
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped , KBA , LOD-ANA-ML , SAC Modelling , Bug Filed