When adding content for an existing item from content import tool, you get a validation error "Cannot Add or Update the chosen item is not Online"
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Reproducing the Issue
- Go system management under content tab and click Import Content.
- Select "Add Content for an Existing Item".
- Click Browse and select file you need to upload to specified server location.
- Try to find the item that you need to add content to.
- Receive error pop as per above screenshot.
The option to add content to an existing item and options below it are for Online based items only
The import content tool only allows to select online items from the search but if you type in non-online item then the system throws the error.
Product management confirmed that the import tool was designed that way and no changes have been done recently.
lms admin changed update updates sf lms item content import tool validation error Cannot Add or Update the chosen item is not Online successfactors , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-ITE , Items , Problem