For Partners and Support
- Configuration overview for reporting on competencies that were added to development goals.
- Competencies not showing in Ad Hoc report with Development domain.
**Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental**
SAP SuccessFactors Career Development Planning
The competency field is a system field used explicitly for displaying competencies from the competency libraries defined in the template or system. Its role in the template is to bridge the competencies from the libraries to the development plan/ goal. This is the same for systems with either JDM or JPB configured.
- If you change the configuration for the field-label>Competencies</field-label> field, no competency data will be pulled into Ad Hoc.
- If you are using more than one template, and have the competency field configured differently, in one template (to the example above), then this can also lead to no competency data being pulled into Ad Hoc.
- You can only have one competencies field per development plan.
Note: best practice is to use only one development plan in your instance.
As the competency field is a system field, it is reportable by default and does not need a reportable tag
To report on competencies from a users development goals, you need to have the field configured in the development template xml as stated in the admin guide:
<field-definition id="competency" type="competencies" required="true" detail="false" viewdefault="on" showlabel="false" field-show-coaching-advisor="false" cascade-update="push-down">
Note: While the above configuration is necessary to get the competencies to display in Ad Hoc, it is possible to change the labels for the competency field in the development plan.
Example of language labels:
<field-label lang="de_DE">Kompetenzen Ziele</field-label>
<field-label lang="en_US">Competency Targets</field-label>
<field-label lang="en_GB">Competency Goals</field-label>
These labels will appear in the Development Plan but regardless of what you label them, the field to report on competencies in Ad Hoc will always be the Competency field:
Ad Hoc, Reporting, Competencies, Competency, Development, configuration, , KBA , LOD-SF-CDP-REP , Analytics & Reporting , LOD-SF-GM-TMP , Template Management , LOD-SF-CDP-TMP , Template Management , How To