While adding products to sales order you are getting an error that product is not valid and it is restricted by product list
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Sales workcenter
- Go to Sales order view
- Select New
- In the quick create screen, enter the account and valid sales area which are allowed for product ABC (ABC represents the product id)
- Select Add Products, this opens product proposal screen
- Search for the product ABC in the object value selector
You will see the error message Product ABC not valid; it is not allowed (restricted by product list) and the product will not be identified.
In the scoping for sales order, you have selected that you want to allow only products that are assigned to a product list in sales order and the product ABC is not part of any product list.
To solve the issue, based on the business need you can either descope the question or you can add the product ABC to any relevant/valid product list
To change the Scoping:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Implementation Projects view.
- Select Edit Project Scope.
- Go to Step 4 Questions
- Expand the element Sales
- Expand the subelement New Business and select Sales Orders
- In the section Product List For sales orders, you will see the question "Do you want to allow adding products only from Product List?" is selected
- You can descope it and save changes
This business option, when scoped allows your company to add products to sales orders only if the product is part of a product list and this question is not available for sales quotes
Sales Order, Sales Quote, Product , Product list, Scoping, Error , KBA , LOD-LE-CQP-CO , Lean Sales Orders , LOD-LE-CQP , Customer Quote Processing , Problem