When initiating onboarding from an application for a candidate, the following message appears: "Unable to initiate onboarding process. Reason: Conflicting mapping found for fields [field1, field2,]. Ensure these fields are mapped only in one entity in admin tools".
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Open a Job Requisition;
- Find a candidate that is on the correct status and qualifies for Onboardin;
- Attempt to initiate onboarding;
- Error appears "Unable to initiate onboarding process. Reason: Conflicting mapping found for fields [field1, field2,]. Ensure these fields are mapped only in one entity in admin tools".
This is caused by the changes on the Setup Onboarding Integration page.
This happens when the system is looking at the mapping and finding multiple values being mapped to the same field, and it can happen even sometimes when you don't have multiple feilds in recruiting being mapped to the same one in Onboarding.
To resolve this, do the following:
- At first, execute an OData Metadata Refresh. Check article 2171588 for the steps;
- Now, access Setup Onboarding Integration page;
- In there you will have tabs for Job Requisition, Job Application and Offer;
- Review the three of them and all templates you have to confirm that you have this mapping happening in only one of the three. Meaning, the field can only be mapped from Requisition, Application or Offer, otherwise the system will have a conflicting mapping.
IMPORTANT: In case all of them are already correct, go to the other two mappings that shouldn't have the field mapped, change the mapping of the field from "No Selection" to something else, and then back to "No Selection" and Save it. - This will force and update on the mapping of the fields and make the Initiate Onboarding to start working again.
2171588 - OData API Metadata Refresh and Export - SuccessFactors Cloud
error, onboarding, initiate, conflict, mapping, process, not, able, continue, proceed, multiple, fields, unable , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-INT , Integration Center & Intelligent Services , Problem