After applying a sort (Ascending/Descending, Highest to Lowest, Custom Sort) to a chart, the legend of the chart may not display the items in the same sorted order if there are nulls/gaps in the data.
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2020.21
The chart visualization itself should honor the sort order chosen, but the chart legend may not because the legend is generated based on processing the order of the groups/members in the chart. Ultimately, the chart isn't aware of the custom sort and can only honor what the query returns.
Some possible workarounds:
- Enabling the 'unbooked data' option from the ... menu for the corresponding dimensions in your chart in the designer panel.
- Use a calculation to replace any null values with 0 so that a value is included in the resultset returned from the back-end. One example of a such a calculation (non-BW datasources) is:
IF (ISNULL (["ProfitAndLoss":Gross Margin]), 0 , ["ProfitAndLoss":Gross Margin] )
Note: In both cases above, the Top N (Auto) may be triggered, so you may need to manually override the Top N to a higher value, or filter the chart further to avoid it.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Data Connections
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, legend, sort, order , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES , Model, Story Design & Visualizations , Problem