Error "No data available or you do not have the necessary permissions." is received when updating certain fields in a workflow approval. Please note that this error does not occur when updating position itself and error only appears when updating of position fields during updating of pending workflow approvals.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Cloud
- Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
Note: Error may appear not only with position objects but also with other MDF objects that have workflow requests.
- In Admin Center, go to Manage positions tool
- Select a Position and make any changes and save. This hsould trigger a workflow request during saving
- go as the workflow approver into the workflow and click update
- Try to make a change to any field
- Error "No data available or you do not have the necessary permissions. " popup warning appears right after a new value of that field was selected
- Please do note that it looks like the only affected fields seem to be fields that have onchange rules set on them. Field without onchange rules seem to accept changes just fine when updating in pending workflow approvals.
A fix was provided for this issue via a patch on 17-Nov-2020
KBA , LOD-SF-EC-POS , Position Management , LOD-SF-EC-WFL , Workflows - Configuration, Tools, Objects & Rules , Bug Filed