In app Balance Sheet/Income Statement (App ID F0708), Alternative G/L Accounts are shown in Unassigned Accounts.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Open app Balance/Sheet Income Statement, select a Financial Statement Version with a country or group chart of accounts, e.g. ****(YCOA)
- Select Account Display: Standard, user would like to be able to read that structure in YCOA accounts
- But when user switch this option into alternative accounts, all the accounts goes to “not assigned” even though YCOA accounts have their alternative accounts well informed.
- Open app Balance/Sheet Income Statement, select a Financial Statement Version with a country or group chart of accounts, e.g. ****(YCES)
- Select Account Display: alternative accounts, user would like to be able to read that structure in YCES accounts
- But when user switch this option into Standard, all the accounts goes to “not assigned” in YCOA accounts
It is standard system behavior.
There is currently no option to display alternative accounts in the Balance Sheet / Income Statement App, if the financial statement version selected contains assignments to operative G/L accounts (accounts in operative chart of accounts YCOA).
To enhance the function, there are some aspects that have to be overcome first. One aspect is that there is not a 1:1 relationship between the two chart of accounts. So if we simply swap out the accounts, a given account could for example, appear multiple times in the report. This could cause issues in other standard reports that require a distinct assignment of accounts to one node.
If users want to use the alternative accounts feature, they need to use a financial statement version with the alternative accounts assigned to it. That is, for example, the YCES accounts have to be assigned in the FSV and not the YCOA accounts. For details, please check Resolution of KBA 2888123 - Alternative G/L Accounts in section unassigned Accounts.
Alternative Account, Balance Sheet/Income Statement, F0708, Unassigned Accounts, YCOA, YCES, FSV, , KBA , FI-GL-GL , Basic Functions , How To