Supplier Invoices created via excel upload are displaying the exception 'Possible Duplicate'.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Supplier Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoices and Credit Memo view.
- Search and open the Supplier Invoice ABC (ABC represents the ID of the Supplier Invoice).
- Click on the View All button.
- Go to the Exceptions tab.
System displays the Exception 'Possible Duplicate' and it is already Obsoleted. Supplier Invoice status is then Ready for Posting.
In the Business Configuration activity 'Supplier Invoice Exceptions' > 'Possible Duplicate', the External Document ID - Similarity (%) is defined as 80%.
The External Document IDs of the Supplier Invoices that system is detecting as possible duplicate are very similar. Hence the exception is raised.
We suggest to adjust the 'External Document ID - Similarity (%)' to 100% to prevent this exception from happening while uploading the Supplier Invoices via excel. The configuration can be maintained as per following steps:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Overview view.
- Search and open the Supplier Invoice Exceptions activity.
- Select Possible Duplicate as Exception type.
- Change the External Document ID - Similarity (%) field to 100%.
Once this configuration is maintained, the exception should not occur for these cases that the External Document ID is very similar.
Possible Duplicate, Exception, Supplier Invoice, Excel , KBA , SRD-SRM-PRO , Purchase Requests and Orders , How To