- You execute a financial report, such as the Financial Statement report and notice that some G/L account descriptions appear in English or as a cryptic code.
- You need to view the G/L Account description in a language other than English (for example Japanese, German).
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Log in with a language other than English, for example Japanese.
- Go to the Business Analytics (or the General Ledger) work center.
- Select the Design Reports view (In the General Ledger go to the Reports view).
- Find and open the Financial Statements report.
- Enter the required data.
- Press Apply to execute the report.
For some G/L accounts their description appears in English or as a cryptic code, for example CAJP113200 (when logged on in Japanese).
In the Chart of Accounts the affected G/L accounts are maintained with an English description. The system cannot detect or translate the description when logged on in a language other than English.
To see the G/L Account description in a language different to English, you need to translate the G/L account description:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Access the Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination activity (either from the activity list of the Implementation project or from the Overview if your system is live already).
- Press Edit Charts of Accounts.
- Press Translate and then Expand All.
- Select the Target Language, for example Japanese.
- Maintain the description in the local language.
- Press OK.
- Press Save.
Note: There is no mass upload functionality to translate the Description of All G/L Accounts together.
G/L Account Description, Translate, Target Language, G/L Account Description in reports , KBA , g/l account description , translate , edit charts of accounts , g/l account description in reports , AP-FMD , Business ByDesign: Financial Accounting Masterdata , How To