You are merging two customer accounts using Customer Merge, however, you see that the information maintained in the Identification facet is not copied to master account after Customer Merge process.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customers Work Center.
- Go to the Accounts view.
- Select the Account ID XYZ and maintain any value in Identification Numbers, under Identification facet (XYZ is the account which will be the subordinate account).
- Save this change, go back in the Accounts view.
- Select two accounts, ABC and XYZ and click Initiate Merge (ABC is the account which will be the master account).
- Click Save and Open and select all the values of the Account ID ABC.
- Click Actions -> Initiate Merge.
- After the merge is completed, you will see that in the Account ID ABC, which is the master account, there is no value in the Identification Number under Identification facet.
Currently, customer merge process does only support the D-U-N-S (Dun & Bradstreet) number. Other Identification numbers, especially customer defined Z* Identification Types, are currently not supported. Therefore, a customer merge should not lead to the creation or deletion of Identification IDs (other than D-U-N-S number).
The system is working as designed.
If it is needed this requirement, it is possible to post this request to the Continuous Customer Influence portal (available at https://influence.sap.com/SAPCloudforCustomer), which is the proper channel for such requests. In the Continuous Customer Influence portal, other customers and partner can review and appraise your request, and this repository is frequently checked by our developers and product managers when deciding which functionalities to add or enhance for future product releases.
Check the Knowledge Base Article 2531827 - Functionality Currently not Available for more information about new requirements.
customer merge, account merge, identification facet, identification number, master account , KBA , customer merge , account merge , identification facet , identification number , master account , LOD-LE-BP-MRG , Business Partner Merge , LOD-CRM-ACC , Account , How To