- In the Q system, a new plant is created via SSCUI 100066. The plant is assigned to a Supplier via App Maintain Business Partner transaction before the Business Configuration Project (BCP) is released. After the BCP is released, the new plant is transported into the P system.
- However in the P system, it is not possible to assign the plant to a supplier in App Maintain Business Partner, and the following error occurred: “Plant **** is assigned to supplier ******** in T001W. Specify another plant”. The plant is assigned to a wrong supplier or even a non-existing supplier.
- There is a requirement to change the supplier assignment of plant **** in the P system. (For e.g. From 00000001 to 00000002), to make sure that the relevant business processes (such as Goods issue of an intercompany process) can run through.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
In the P system:
- Go to App Maintain Business Partner.
- Select a Supplier.
- Enter a value for field Plant.
To prevent further inconsistency from happening, consider to assign a new plant (created via SSCUI 100066) to a Supplier in the Q system after the relevant Business Configuration Project is released.
For the existing inconsistent Supplier-Plant assignment in the P system, please follow the below steps:
- Create a dummy supplier with the supplier number that the plant in question is assigned and save it.
- Please pay attention, do not add the plant number directly when trying to create the supplier. The supplier should be created without the plant assigned.
- Change this dummy supplier by assigning the plant to it in 'Vendor: General Data' (the system will allow it because the supplier number is the same as in the plant data).
- Change the dummy supplier again by removing the plant (this will also update the plant data).
- Assign the plant to the supplier that it should be assigned to.
Note: The last step would be to ensure that the dummy supplier is not used in the system (e.g. by setting a block function)
S4_PC, S/4HANA Cloud, S/4HANA, plant, supplier, T001W , KBA , LO-MD-BP , Business Partners , LO-MD-PL , Plant Master , AP-MD-BP , Business Partner , Problem