- A legacy application system uses a custom stored procedure for login creation.
- When it creates a new login in the primary ASE, the new login is not replicating to the companion ASE.
- The DSI thread for the master database in the companion ASE is shut down with the following error in the SRS log:
ERROR #1028 DSI EXEC(103(1) ASE_HAC.master) - neric/dsi/dsiqmint.c(5197)
Message from server: Message: 571, State 2, Severity 16 -- 'Invalid user specified, password left unchanged.'.
THREAD FATAL ERROR #5049 DSI EXEC(103(1) ASE_HAC.master) - neric/dsi/dsiqmint.c(5210)
The DSI thread for database 'ASE_HAC.master' is being shutdown. DSI received data server error #571 which is mapped to STOP_REPLICATION. See logged data server errors for more information. The data server error was caused by output command #0 mapped from input command #0 of the failed transaction.
This is the failing transaction in the outbound queue:
select set_enc_password(0xc007e80385750bc3cd822a0bf5369f0dce74d9d733bcd0433f6e196c747682b47467f5d55668d081209a, 'newlogin')
I. 2020/10/14 08:26:55. execute rs_update_lastcommit @origin = 104, @origin_qid = 0x00000000057732f60000fe2500080000fe2500000000ac54007e93a10000000000000001, @secondary_qid = 0x000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000, @origin_time = '20201014 07:40:51:096', @conn_id = 0
if @@error <> 0 rollback transaction
- If the new login is added using sp_addlogin, it is successfully replicated to the companion ASE. However, this legacy application system cannot be changed to use the sp_addlogin system procedure.
- Is there any way to trigger replication of the custom stored procedure that creates new logins in the master database?
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
- SAP Replication Server (SRS) 16.0
- High Availability Disaster Recovery (HADR)
syslogins, sp_password, "database replication definition", DDL, DML, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, "SELECT INTO" , KBA , BC-SYB-REP , Sybase Replication Server (standalone) , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.