Your requirement is to create a custom solution to pseudonymize parts of Business ByDesign to grant access to users that normally must not see the original data, so you need to have write access to the fields that is not possible anymore to reidentify the "original" person behind.
Therefore, you want a Public Solution Model (PSM) Release for Write Access to some of the Business Object Nodes for Business Object EMPLOYEE.
SAP Business ByDesign
These Business Object Nodes are Read-Only released, therefore, it is not possible to update these attributes directly from a custom solution.
As a solution, there are two web services that can be used via PDI which should meet your requirement. To find them, please follow the steps below:
- Go to the Application and User Management Work Center.
- Go to the Communication Scenarios view.
- Search for the Communication Scenario Personnel Administration.
- Here, there are two web services: "Maintain Biographical Data" and "Maintain Employee Data", which can be used to update the attributes on the common node of the Business Object Employee.
- Once you have a Communication Arrangement, you should be able to use one of the mentioned web services.
Obs.: Web service "Maintain Biographical Data" is a slim down version of "Maintain Employee Data".
Public Solution Model, Employee, Read-Only, custom solution, BirthDate, BirthPlaceName, NationalityCountryCode , KBA , public solution model , employee , read-only , custom solution , nationalitycountrycode , birthplacename , birthdate , SRD-HR-PAD , Personnel Administration , AP-BP-BPT , Business Partner Template , How To