Initially, you scoped exception-based time recording. But then you unscoped it in Business Configuration work center > Implementation Projects view > First Implementation > Edit Project Scope > Step 4 Questions > Human Resources > Time and Labour Management > Time Recording > Do you have any employees for whom you only record exception time?. Instead you scoped Do you have any employees for whom you record all actual working times (positive time recording)?. But when replicating employees from Employee Central to ByD, system still recommends an exception-based time recording method in the time file.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Master Data Replication work center
- Click on Employees view
- Select All
- Search for relevant employee
- Select last entry
- Click on Actions > Upload Data from Employee Central
- Click on Upload Data
- Enter Remote Employee ID
- Click on OK
For master data replication time recording method is set as exception-based by default unless time recording method is passed by the source system in the replication request. There is no link between the scoping option and time recording method.
The initial replication of employee time recording method is set to exception-based. It can be then changed in the time file to positive time recording method. Once this is changed to positive time recording, it does not get refreshed back to exception-based from positive until it is passed by the source system in the replication request.
With 2011 release a new functionality will allow you to choose if you wish time master data integration or not.
- If you choose to switch time master data integration on, then the time file will be completely locked and no changes should be allowed in the time file manually. All data should come from the external system/source system including time recording method.
- If you choose to switch time master data integration off, then this will stop time master data flow from external system/source system to Business ByDesign system and allow you to maintain time master data in the time file locally in Business ByDesign system. In this case only start date and end dates will be taken from the replication request (e.g. termination of employee).
Negative Zeiterfassung, exception-based time recording, time file, Zeitdatei, negative Zeiterfassung im Scoping, exception-baed time recording method in scoping, positive Zeiterfassung, positive time recording method, , KBA , AP-HMD-RPL , HCM-Master Data Replication , Problem