Before b2011 release:
- The Instance Refresh tool allows performing a refresh from a test / development / QA instance to a live production tenant.
- It has been possible to accidentally refresh configurations to a target PRODUCTIVE tenant causing major issues.
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
Prior to the b2011 release, It has been possible to perform a refresh from a test / development / QA instance to a live production tenant.
Measures implemented in the b2011 release will implement a guardrail against refreshes to a productive target.
- To create an instance refresh please view the steps in the Help Portal Guide
- If you select the Production instance as a Target you will be receive a validation failed
- You can also Click on ? icon and verify tooltip message in the status column which will show in the popup-"Instance Refresh is not supported for a target as a productive tenant."
- The error log will show: TENANTREFRESH_VALIDATION_FAILED_FOR_LIVE_PRODUCTIVE_INSTANCE
For additional info and to view a demo of this feature please check the What's New Viewer
- In case you receive the error log "TENANTREFRESH_VALIDATION_FAILED_FOR_LIVE_PRODUCTIVE_INSTANCE" after submitting a refresh, this means that your TARGET is tagged as a live productive tenant. To verify this, you can reach out to your CSM and CEE to confirm the "Tenant Business Type" of your TARGET Company ID.
- Instances in Production Data centers are not automatically flagged as a "Live Productive" tenant. Live productive tenants are those only assigned with "Tenant Business Type" = ZH421 or ZH422. Please refer to point #1 for verification.
- If you require your Live productive tenants to be refreshed, you still may do so by raising a ticket under "LOD-SF-SER-REF". Please ensure to provide a "business justification" as to why a live productive refresh is needed as this is required by our internal team performing the manual refreshes.
NOTES for CSMs/CEEs/Support: To view the tenant business type, please check tenant details from Cloud Reporting tool.
TLS-13302 , IRT, Source, Target, Productive Tenant, Validation Failed, TENANTREFRESH_VALIDATION_FAILED_FOR_LIVE_PRODUCTIVE_INSTANCE , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-IRT , Instance Refresh Tool , LOD-SF-SER-REF , Instance Refresh , How To