Before b2011 release:
- The Instance Refresh tool allows performing a refresh from a test / development / QA instance to a live production tenant.
- It has been possible to accidentally refresh configurations to a target PRODUCTIVE tenant causing major issues.
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
Prior to the b2011 release, It has been possible to perform a refresh from a test / development / QA instance to a live production tenant.
Measures implemented in the b2011 release will implement a guardrail against refreshes to a productive target.
- To create an instance refresh please view the steps in the Help Portal Guide
- If you select the Production instance as a Target you will be receive a validation failed
- You can also Click on ? icon and verify tooltip message in the status column which will show in the popup-"Instance Refresh is not supported for a target as a productive tenant."
- The error log will show: TENANTREFRESH_VALIDATION_FAILED_FOR_LIVE_PRODUCTIVE_INSTANCE
For additional info and to view a demo of this feature please check the What's New Viewer
TLS-13302 , IRT, Source, Target, Productive Tenant, Validation Failed, TENANTREFRESH_VALIDATION_FAILED_FOR_LIVE_PRODUCTIVE_INSTANCE , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-IRT , Instance Refresh Tool , How To