- During the upgrade of ASE for Business Suite your system reaches the following errors:
- ERROR => 'Database live update' failed: Failed to remove \sybase\<SID>\OCS-16_0
- ERROR => 'Database live update' failed: Failed to rename \sybase\<SID>\OCS-16_0
- Also there is the error below in the log sybinstxxx.out:
- Installer can not do update. '\sybase\<SID>' already has SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 16.0 SPxx PLxx or newer. Rerun the installer with "DO_UPDATE_INSTALL=false"
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 and 16.0 for Business Suite
- SAP NetWeaver (NW) - All versions
Failed to rename \sybase\<SID>\ , Failed to remove \sybase\<SID> , Database live update' failed, SAP HOST AGENT SP 48, saphostctrl, UPDATE_FORCE=1 ASE upgrade, UPDATE_FORCE=1, DO_UPDATE_INSTALL=false , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.