In a story table, when entering a value with more than 7 decimal places the system throws an error message:
"The number you are entering is out of range"
The problem is that when the user now enters a correct value (with less than 7 decimal places) still the error message is displayed. The user has no chance then to revert back the planning figures.
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2020.14.21
Reproducing the Issue
- Open your story table
- Enter a value with more than 7 decimal
- Get the error message
- Enter a correct amount
- Still the error message is displayed.
This is a product defect.
This fix is delivered in 2020.21.
- Enter a value with more than 7 decimal, you will get the error message
- Enter a correct amount still the error message is displayed
- Change the cell and enter a valid value you can retype the same amount add just 0 at the end of the decimal part
- Go back to the cell of step 3. and enter your correct value, the error will not appear.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Data Connections
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES , Model, Story Design & Visualizations , Bug Filed