- You are trying to post a Bank Statement in status "in Preparation".
- You get the Error Message: "Account determination is missing for Cash. Define the Account for Chart of Accounts ABC, tab Cash Receipt - In Transit' field 'Cash Receipt - In Transit. Enter a General Ledger Account for the Account Determination group AAA and Currency DEF ." (where ABC is the Chart of Accounts, AAA represents the Account Determination Group, DEF is the currency).
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Liquidity Management Work Center - Bank statements view.
- Show all Bank Statements, find "XXX" (where XXX is the Bank Statement ID).
- Click on Statement ID XXX "in Preparation" from Bank Account ID YYY (where YYY is the Bank Account ID).
- Press View All.
- Press Next until step 5 Review.
- Press Post.
You can see the Error Message:
Account determination is missing for cash. Define the Account for Chart of Accounts ABC, tab Cash Receipt - In Transit' field 'Cash Receipt - In Transit. Enter a General Ledger Account for the Account Determination group AAA and Currency DEF.
The Payment Method here is defined as 'Other Incoming Payment'. For this item in the Account Determination you need to have an entry with the Account Determination Group AAA and the Payment Method as a blank field.
The Payment Method of 'Other Incoming Payment' maps to the Payment method 'blank' on Accounting for the purpose of Account Determination. As this row is missing the error is being raised.
- Go to the Business Configuration Work Center.
- Go to the Overview View.
- Search for the Activity "Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination" and open it.
- Under Account Determination click on Cash.
- Switch to tab Cash Receipt - In Transit.
- Press Add Row.
- Maintain the respective Account Determination Group AAA.
- Under the field Payment Method leave it blank (as the method is Other Incoming Payment).
- Under the field Currency leave it also blank.
- Maintain a General Ledger Account under Cash Receipt - In Transit.
- Press Save and Close.
Now you can post your Bank Statement successfully.
account determination for cash, bank statement posting, bank statement in preparation, general ledger account, cash receipt - in transit , KBA , SRD-FIN-CLM , Cash and Liquity Managment , Problem