You see the following error "The file must contain HTML code." or "HTML file must be in UTF-8 format." during the upload of Email HTML file.
- Error "The file must contain HTML code."
- Error "HTML file must be in UTF-8 format."
- SAP Marketing Cloud Edition
Reproducing the Issue
In content studio, create content by choosing an HTML file for upload.
Issue is due to inappropriate HTML file. There are rules for creating Upload Files and please read SAP Help "Rules for Creating Upload Files" for more details.
- HTML syntax of HTML5 requires a DOCTYPE to be specified.
- Files must be saved with UTF-8 encoding to avoid errors occurring during the upload.
Please add <!DOCTYPE html> and make sure you are using UTF-8 encoding. Following is the example code in saphelp link: General Example File.
content studio, html upload, email template. , KBA , CEC-MKT-MEM , Content Studio: E-Mails and other messages , Problem