- A Region is Missing for a Country Code in SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
- A new non-standard region needs to be added for a country code in SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
Example of a mission region when creating a Business Partner.
- Open the Manage Business Partner Master Data app
- Create a new Business Partner
- Choose the country code IT (Italy) and Region TS (Trieste)
- The system raises the error "Region TS is not defined for country IT" (Message no. AM215)
S/4HANA cloud region codes are ISO-3166 compliant and regions which become obsolete are removed over time. Obsolete regions are kept on S/4HANA systems which are delivered up to one release after the region becomes obsolete and removed them afterwards for any new installations.
N.B. If an S/4HANA Cloud system is delivered before a region becomes obsolete then the regions will not be deleted from the already existing system to help ensure that Master data entries which have the region do not become inconsistent.
- Review the SAP Note 2756046 for up to date information on any Obsolete / New regions.
- If the obsolete regions or new none standard regions need to be added then please contact your Cloud Representative to request for non-standard Expert Configuration
SAP Note 2756046 - Differences of country region codes for S/4HANA Cloud compared to ISO-3166 standard
"Region &2 is not defined for country &1", AM215, AM 215, LO-MD-BP, S4HC, S/4HANA, S4_PC, SD - South Sardinia, SU - South Sardinia, GO - Gorizia, PN - Pordenone, TS - Trieste, UD - Udine, 50 Trøndelag, 23 Trøndelag, SU - South Sardinia, CI - Carbonia-Iglesias, OG - Ogliastra, OT - Olbia-Tempio, VS - Medio Campidano , KBA , XX-CSC-XX , Country specific Customizing & Functionality (Cross Country) , AP-MD-BP , Business Partner , LO-MD-BP , Business Partners , FI-LOC-CNT-GLO , S4H Client 000 Globalization Content , How To