When releasing a sales order the following message is triggered: "Check approval process configuration; Exchange Rate for XXX and XXX for Rate Type 001 does not exist for XXX".
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Go to the Sales Orders view.
- Select the Sales Order ABC you created (ABC represents the ID of the sales order) and click Edit.
- Click Submit > Release Order.
- You receive an error message of type: "Check approval process configuration; Exchange Rate for GBP and CHF for Rate Type 001 does not exist for 20 200 928 235 959,0000000" (GBP and CHF are the currencies taken as example and 20 200 928 235 959,0000000 represents the timestamp).
Your need to check your Approval Process for Sales Order:
- Go to the Application and User Management work center.
- Go to the Task Distribution view and Approval Processes subview.
- Open the Sales Order Approval Process.
- You can see some of the conditions involve currencies. For example, Step 1 has the condition: Net Value Greater than 1.000.000.000,00 GBP and Step 2 has the condition: Net Value Greater than 1.000.000.000,00 CHF.
To check if the conditions are met, the system will use the exchange rate between the currency from the sales order and the currency from the approval process conditions.
In our example the currency of the sales order is CHF.
Therefore the system will check the exchange rate between GBP and CHF.
- Go to General Ledger work center.
- Go to Common Tasks view.
- Select Edit Exchange Rates.
- The Exchange Rates maintained are EUR to CHF and EUR to GBP.
There is no exchange rate maintained between GBP and CHF. The system therefore reports the error.
To resolve the issue, you need to maintain the exchange rate between GBP and CHF.
currency, currencies, taux d'échange, devise, approbation , KBA , SRD-CRM-ORD , Orders & Contracts , Problem