- After new install, Tomcat does not start.
- After patching Java, Tomcat does not start.
- Tomcat starts and crashes.
- Tomcat does not stay running.
- Error seen in stderr.log file: Unrecognized option: <option>
- Error seen in commons-daemon.log: Failed to start Java
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise)
- SAP Cloud Platform Cloud Connector
- SAP Analytics Cloud Agent deployed on Tomcat
Reproducing the Issue
- Install Tomcat/Patch Tomcat.
- Download and install from Simple Deployment Kit.
- Download from Apache directly.
- If Java 9 is not being used and there are Java Options in the Java 9 section of the Tomcat Configuration > Java.
If not using Java 9, best practice is to the leave Java 9 options section blank.
- Open Apache Tomcat Configuration.
- Go to Java tab.
- If there are option listed in Java 9 Options section, delete.
- Click apply and OK.
- Start Tomcat.
- Help resources
- Help portal
- SAP community network ( Questions & Answers / Direct Link to Create Question / Blogs )
- SAP community wiki
- Ideaplace forum ( for enhancement requests & new features )
- Video tutorials
- Videos by topic areas: ( Overview, What's New, Models and Connections, Stories, SAP Digital Boardroom, Planning, Predictive, Collaboration, Administration )
- Training events
- Past event recordings
- New user handbook
- How to connect to on-premise data
- Introducing SAP BusinessObjects Cloud: BI and Planning (SAP Press book)
EPM, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Hana Cloud for Planning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, connecting, conecting, conectando, conexão, model, SBOC, SAC, BW installed installation , KBA , LOD-ANA-AQU , Import Data Connections (Acquiring Data) , Problem